By being the only Indian city on the list of the top 20 startup ecosystems globally, Bangalore has emerged as the startup capital of India. The city boasts of over 5000 tech startups and has achieved the second highest growth rate for exit volume and VC investment in comparison to the other cities on the list.
- India ranks third amongst the global startup ecosystem out of which Bangalore occupies the largest chunk.
- India also ranks third in the number of startup unicorns out of which almost 50 % find home in Bangalore.
- At an average of 28 years, startup founders in Bangalore are the youngest globally.
- Close to half the workforce in Bangalore choose to work with a startup at some point in their career.
- Bangalore finds its place amongst the top 6 cities globally as the preferred location to invest by leading VCs.