Frequently Asked Questions
- What are CoWrks’ operating hours?
- Our hours of operation are 9am to 6pm. Monday to Saturday. Private studios and dedicated desks will have key card access to the office 24*7.
- Do I get access to all CoWrks locations?
- If you are a member at one centre, you get key card access to all our centres. Furthermore, the CoWrks Connect app allows you not only to book meeting rooms at other locations but also get access to printers, Wi-Fi and the fuel bar.
- If I want to visit CoWrks, do I need to schedule a tour or can I just walk in?
- Feel free to walk into any of the CoWrks centres. But we suggest you schedule a tour with us either by calling us on: +91-8880000220 or emailing us on: email@example.com.
- What if I have one parking spot but two cars? Can I get a second parking sticker?
- Yes, a second parking sticker would be allotted. However, if both cars show up on the same day only one parking space will be provided.
- What is the fee for visitor car parking?
- Visitor car parking varies from centre to centre and is not under the control of CoWrks. However we ensure visitors have access to car parking which would depend on availability.
- How many guests can visit me in CoWrks?
- As many as you like. So long as each guest is registered at the front desk. But we suggest you keep your guest list limited to avoid disruptions.
- Are there any provisions for a physically challenged person?
- All our centres are designed to facilitate disabilities. For any special requirements you could reach to our community managers and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Is smoking allowed on the CoWrks premises?
- Smoking within CoWrks centres is not allowed. However, there are dedicated smoking zones located on most extended campus areas.
MEMBERSHIPS & PACKAGES
- What does a Private Studio / Dedicated Desk / Hot Desk / Day Pass include?
Particulars Hot Desk Dedicated Desk Private Studio Day Pass App Access Yes Yes Yes No Number of
5/10/15 days 31 days 31 days 1 day Hours 9am to 6pm
Monday - Saturday
24/7 access 24/7 access 9am to 6pm
Monday - Saturday
Inclusive of print and
meeting room credits
Yes Yes Yes No
- What are the KYC documents which will be taken from me when I sign up for a membership?
The list of KYC documents vary from the format of worksphere picked by a member. Adding to this, each member is required to submit the following documents:
- Company Incorporation Letter
- Company Pan Card
- Individual Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Are there any hidden costs in membership packages?
- We believe in keeping our membership packages transparent. Therefore, we are upfront about all charges and additional costs which would be charged.
- What do lounge and lounge plus packages include?
- A Lounge package gives you access to the CoWrks Connect app as well as a one day pass for the month. The Lounge plus package gives you access to the CoWrks Connect app, a one day pass for the month as well as mailroom package handling. Your business can use the CoWrks office as your registered business address and therefore receive mails and packages on your behalf.
- What are the working hours and days for lounge/lounge plus members?
- Lounge, lounge plus, day pass and hot desk members have access to CoWrks centres 9am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday.
- On complete occupancy, is there a waitlist? How do I get myself added to the waitlist?
- There is a waitlist to become a CoWrks member. Get in touch with our community managers and they will add you to the waitlist.
- Is my membership plan transferable?
- A CoWrks membership plan is non-transferrable. Therefore, we encourage you to make use of the membership plan completely.
- Do I get any benefits or rewards for referring my friends to CoWrks?
- Yes. CoWrks does have a referral program. Feel free to visit http://community.cowrks.com/member-referral/ for more information. We would be delighted to help your friends and colleagues.
- Do all agreements begin on the 1st of every month?
- Yes, all agreements begin on the 1st of every month. If you wish to start your membership in the middle of the month we will raise a prorated invoice for the membership fee on the 1st of the following month. Membership fee will be raised subsequently for rest of the months.
- My team has outgrown our Private Studio. Can we move to a larger unit?
- We would be glad to help you move to a larger unit. Reach out to your community manager and they’ll help you out. Please let us know in advance though to make your experience smoother.
- When do I have to inform CoWrks that I intend to move out?
- Notice to Vacate must be submitted to the respective community manager 30 days prior to the intended move out date. However, all move outs are only accommodated on the last date of the month. Therefore, the membership fee would be payable until the end of the intended month of move out.
- What is a virtual office and what does it include?
- As per the virtual office package-also known as the mailroom package, the CoWrks office address can be used as a registered business address. Thus, allowing community members to receive mails and packages on your behalf.
- Can a person below 18 yrs become a member?
- As per the Indian Contract Act 1872, a legal contract with a person below the age of 18 is considered null and void.
PAYMENTS & CREDITS
- What are my payment options?
- We accept payments via cheque, wire transfer and credit cards. Payments are also possible via net banking and credit cards through the CoWrks Connect app.
- How do I change my payment information?
- You change your payment information by logging on to the CoWrks Connect app at www.connect.cowrks.com. Alternatively, you could get in touch with your community manager.
- How much do I need to pay to reserve an office?
- In order to secure your CoWrks membership, you are required to pay a security deposit equivalent to 3 months of membership fees plus the first month’s rent.
- On what date will I receive my monthly payment invoice and by when should I make the payment?
- All payment invoices are generated on the 1st of every month. You are given a grace period of 7 days to make the payment, after which a late fee will be applicable.
- Does CoWrks charge a fee for late payments?
- Yes, CoWrks charges late fees. If a payment is not received within 7 days of the due date, member will have to pay a certain amount of late fee. You could get in touch with the community team to understand how this works.
- Can I check and download invoice and receipts?
- Yes, all invoices and receipts are available for view and download via the CoWrks Connect app.
- How do meeting and print credits work?
Every CoWrks membership package comes bundled with a fix number of meeting room and print credits. These are available to utilise each month. In the event one runs out of credits, they may either purchase more credits through the CoWrks Connect app or will be charged on overage. See below for credit equivalency guidelines and credit overage charges. Please note, unused credits will get carry forward.
Requirement Credit Charges A4 black and white sheet 1 print credit A4 colored sheet 10 print credits A3 black and white sheet 2 print credits A3 colored sheet 20 print credits Regular sized meeting room 10 meeting room credits/per hour Boardroom 20 meeting room credits/per hour
*The cost of meeting rooms credits would vary based on surge which is dependent on the frequency of bookingsOverage - If you have exhausted all the credits, you may purchase additional print credits or meeting room credits at the following rates :
Credits Rates Print credits Rs. 1 per credit Meeting room credits Rs. 100 per credit
- What are the cancellation charges for meeting room bookings?
- Once a meeting room is booked, a cancellation should be made 1 hour in advance in order to receive refund of credits.
FACILITIES & AMENITIES
- What is the average square feet of the workspace?
- At CoWrks, we provide our members access to packages. Therefore, you pay only for a desk the rest comes as a package.
- Are CoWrks events chargeable or free?
- CoWrks has an action packed calendar. Thus we have events multiple times a week at each centre. While most events are free to members, some events are chargeable to non-members.
- Can visitors enter my Private Studio?
- Yes. Visitors would need to be registered at our front desk before entering the building.
- At what temperature is the office normally cooled? Can I choose my own temperature if I have a private studio?
- The office is normally cooled at an ambient temperature of 23 degrees Celsius. In addition, private studios in some buildings have their own thermostat which allows you to choose the temperature as per your needs.
- Can I get any branding design done for my private studio?
CoWrks offers each member branding service where we print the member’s logo using vinyl frosted film on the door to the private studio. The cost for this is included in the One Time Setup Cost. Furthermore, private studio members are welcome to decorate their private studios as they wish, so long as:
- Any branding or wall art does not obstruct the field of vision between the private studios.
- Upon move out, the private studio needs to be in the exact same state that it was when the member moved in
- Can I change my mailing address to another address anytime during the contract?
- Yes, you can change your mailing/communication address to another address anytime during the contract by giving a prior notice of 7 days to your community manager.
- If I am out of credits and want to use the print station immediately what do I do?
- You can top up your print credits immediately using the CoWrks Connect app or you will be billed for overage.
- Who will handle my calls and mails in my absence?
- For those members who have opted for our virtual receptionist package, we can forward calls to the member’s cell phone. Call forwarding charges would be applicable.
- For those members who have opted for our lounge plus package, mailroom package or private studio members, mail is captured in each member’s respective mailbox. Packages are received at the front desk by the community team who will email you immediately to come and get it.
- How do I book a meeting room?
- You can book a meeting room by logging on to the CoWrks Connect app. Please make sure you have enough meeting room credits to do so.
- Can I book meeting rooms on Sunday?
- Yes, meeting rooms are available to members that have opted for a private studio or a dedicated desk. You can book the meeting room via the CoWrks Connect app on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- I have opted for a dedicated desk/hot desk and my client wants to visit me. Can I meet him at my CoWrks desk?
- All members have access to a multitude of meeting spaces ranging from meeting rooms, discussion booths, fuel bar, the community lounge etc. Which are far more exciting and apt to meet a client than at your desk.
- Can I have my meals in my Private Studio?
- Unfortunately private studios have not been designed to eat in. CoWrks has multiple options such as pantries and other areas which can be used to eat your meals.
- Can I have my meals at the fuel bar?
- Some CoWrks locations have dedicated pantries or areas where you can eat your meal. We suggest you avoid using the fuel bar for reasons such as odor and hygiene.
- Can I bring my own furniture? What are the charges for additional furniture?
- Private studio members are welcome to bring their own furniture so long as they are able to move the furniture in and out by themselves without any alteration or damage to the CoWrks property, Furthermore, your community manager would be happy to assist you with an alternative desk configuration to accommodate your furniture if possible. Alternative configurations where we remove some desks to add your furniture are also possible.
- What if I forget to carry my access key card? Would a temporary card be provided?
- No, but our community team will swipe you in after verifying your identity using a valid government issued photo identity card.
- What do I do if I lose my access card?
- Each access card is bound to a particular member’s username. Members are therefore responsible for all activities carried out using the access card. If you lose your access card please inform the community manager immediately so that they can block access to avoid any security risks. The community manager will issue you a fresh access card. The charges for a fresh access card may apply
- What if I want to partner or avail special offers with CoWrks business partners and alliances?
- CoWrks has alliances with several business providers which are exclusive only to its members. Special offers may be availed through the CoWrks Connect app.
- Can I have a standee of my business at the CoWrks events?
- You would need to be hosting an event in order to display a standee. As a CoWrks member, you are more than welcome to promote your business via the CoWrks Connect app. Furthermore, community managers facilitate as many opportunities as possible for you to promote your businesses. However, We have display systems on which content will exhibited only if it passes our set guidelines.
- Can I advertise my business on the CoWrks Connect app?
- Although members are not allowed to advertise on the app, the CoWrks Connect app is designed to enable members to promote their businesses by listing the services they offer on their business profile page. Furthermore, the app is designed to facilitate collaboration between members.
IT & TECHNOLOGY
- What is the internet speed at CoWrks?
- CoWrks provides all its members access to a 20mbps internet lease line, while for guests or visitors it’s 10mbps. The internet can be accessed over WiFi throughout the centre. In addition, wired connections are available in some private studios
- How many devices am I allowed to connect to the CoWrks Wi-Fi?
- Each member is allowed to connect up to two devices to the internet while guests are allowed to connect one device.
- What are the charges for a dedicated IT connection?
- If a you have your own internet service provider, we facilitate a direct connection to your private studio via our exchange fees. Alternatively, CoWrks provides a higher internet speed of 40mbps, charges vary by centre.
- Am I allowed to get my own server? If yes, then what would be the one time or monthly fee?
- If you wish to get your own IT infrastructure, CoWrks can provide access to one server rack within our access controller server room. Charges vary by centre and requirements. At this time dedicated server rooms are not available to any of our members.
- Will my IP be static or dynamic?
- The IP provided is dynamic. If you require a static IP and a dedicated connection, charges will be applicable.
- Will I have access to technology based information for basic IT queries?
- Information regarding Wi-Fi, printing, meeting rooms is available on the CoWrks Connect app. Please contact the community manager if you require help with any of the above.
- Will the CoWrks IT team assist me in setting up my own device? Whom do I contact for tech related issues?
- Our IT team will be glad to assist you in setting up your device. Please contact the community manager if you are having trouble accessing the internet or other tech related issues. They in turn will contact the IT team to help you out. Please remember that you can register only upto two devices.